The nose is an intricate facial structure that plays a vital role in the overall aesthetics and balance of the face. Rhinoplasty, or nose surgery, is designed to improve the appearance of the nose while preserving or restoring the function of the nose (breathing). Rhinoplasty offers a variety of corrective solutions, including the ability to improve a nose that is misshapen, overly large, or crooked. Rhinoplasty can also alter the profile or silhouette of a nose by addressing nasal humps or indentions as well as redefining the nasal tip and nostrils. … Continue reading
Did you know that there is now a way to reduce or even eliminate your double chin without going under the knife? Kybella injections represent the latest, most breakthrough method in treating moderate to severe submental (under chin) fat. To find out if Kybella is right for you, ask yourself the following? … Continue reading
Plastic surgery can be reconstructive or cosmetic in nature. Often, it is both. Cosmetic procedures are designed to enhance or alter a part of the body that is functioning normally. These are elective surgeries that improve aesthetic appearance by restoring proper proportion or reversing the signs of aging. … Continue reading
Rhinoplasty is a leading plastic surgery for both men and women. Rhinoplasty involves the repair or sculpting of the internal cartilages and bone of the nose. These structures can be quite intricate and delicate. A talented facial plastic surgeon will understand the proper proportion and balance of the nose in relation to the overall facial appearance to create the most aesthetically pleasing results. However, the function of the nose is another critical element. In many cases, breathing function is restored through rhinoplasty. In all cases, nasal functionality should be closely monitored to and preserved. … Continue reading
There is no question that male plastic surgery is on the rise. In fact, there was an 23% increase in male plastic surgery procedures from 2000 to 2014. However, there still remain many misconceptions about male plastic surgery that cause men to hesitate on pulling the trigger. Here are some common fears that men have, which also happen to be myths surrounding male plastic surgery:
- Don’t men look more distinguished as they age?
- It is true that our society is much more accepting of the aging facial appearance of men versus women. However, not all men look more attractive as they grow older. In fact, many men greatly benefit from male plastic surgery within their workplace, as it helps them stay competitive within a youthful marketplace. In addition, men tend to show signs of aging particularly around the eyes. Sagging brows and hooded eyelids can make men look sad, tired or even angry. This unwanted portrayal can be effectively corrected with a simple brow lift or blepharoplasty. While some men do look distinguished as they age, most men appear more tired and worn out.
- What if plastic surgery makes me look feminine?
- This is a common concern. However, an experienced and skilled plastic surgeon understands how to effectively address the unique signs of male aging without compromising a masculine look. In general, this involves careful consideration not to overcorrect signs of male aging such as sagging jowls and descending brows. Your male plastic surgery should be a subtle and individualized approach that rejuvenates the face without feminizing it. A mini-facelift, direct neck lift and brow lift are common procedures chosen by men.
- I don’t have time to take off that much work for plastic surgery.
- Today’s advancements in plastic surgery have truly changed patient experience, particularly when it comes to recovery time. Now, we use minimally invasive methods that are just as effective (if not more) and require less downtime than ever before. In fact, there are numerous cosmetic services that involve only a lunch-hour session. From mini facelifts and endoscopic brow lifts to a quick Botox treatment and more, you can gain a revitalized and attractive look without missing work.
To learn more about male plastic surgery from Dr. Ben Talei in Beverly Hills, please contact our office. We offer male rhinoplasty, male jaw augmentation, male facelift and hair restoration surgery. We can assure you that in the hands of a skilled plastic surgery, male plastic surgery is nothing to fear!
Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery, is one of the most popular procedures in facial plastic surgery. While this simple surgery is known for rejuvenating the appearance of the eyes, it can also provide significant improvement to a patient’s vision. … Continue reading
Microneedling has taken its place as one of the most innovative, natural and effective treatments in non-surgical facial rejuvenation. More specifically, the Profound Microneedle RF technology is delivering “profound” benefits for patients who want to turn back the hands of time without undergoing the anesthesia, downtime and incisions of a surgical facelift. … Continue reading
When it comes to improving your appearance, you may think of how you can remove fat. This may be ideal to contour or sculpt the body. However, when it comes to the face, it is often desirable to add fat. Using today’s advancement in plastic surgery, there is a way to accomplish both. Fat transfer using micro-liposuction takes unwanted fat from your thighs, flanks or abdomen and places it strategically in the face to replenish areas that have hallowed with age. … Continue reading
Getting your “beauty sleep” isn’t just a cute phrase or saying. It actually holds more validity than you think. Your skin is the largest organ in your body, and just like other parts, it needs rest in order to rejuvenate itself and stay vibrant. While there are many surgical and non-surgical treatments to address aging skin, making sure you get an adequate amount of sleep each can help you retain your youthful glow longer and even delay the need for cosmetic procedures. … Continue reading
A skilled and experienced plastic surgeon will use techniques to minimize your recovery and downtime as much as possible after plastic surgery. However, there are still specific guidelines you’ll need to follow for any type of surgical procedure; facial plastic surgery is no exception. Adhering to your surgeon’s post-operative instructions is very important in order to protect your safety and accelerate your healing. Neglecting to take these rules seriously may sabotage your results and extend your recovery period even more. … Continue reading