Beverly Hills Non-Surgical Eyelid Rejuvenation
Many patients of any age are looking to enhance the appearance of their eyes and brows, often preferring a rejuvenated and refreshed look. Dr. Ben Talei, a dual board certified facial plastic surgeon offers the best in facial injectables, fillers and Botox as part of our eye and brow lift services at the Beverly Hills Center for Plastic & Laser Surgery.
- Crow’s Feet
- The most effective treatment other than surgery to improve or prevent the appearance of crow’s feet (smile lines around eyes) is to simply calm the muscle activity with Botox. This can be done with absolutely no down time and without giving the patient a frozen or surprised appearance. Occasionally, other injectables are used to help improve deeper creases in the skin. Xeomin and Dysport are products similar to Botox that are always available and have shown to be very valuable as well.
- Frown Lines (The 11’s)
- Frown lines, also known as glabellar rhytids, are the “1’s” or “11’s” that are vertical and horizontal creases forming over time between the brows. The creases form as a result of the strong contraction of the procerus and corrugator muscles, which help depress and lower the brow while pulling the brows closer together. The pull of these muscles over time can cause dynamic and static problems. Dynamic means that the lines that are seen while those muscles are flexed. Static means the lines are there even when the muscles are fully relaxed. The dynamic lines can be treated or prevented with the use of Botox, Xeomin or Dysport, while the static lines can be improved by a number of options including injectable fillers, laser resurfacing and dermabrasion among other options. The art to treating this area is knowing exactly how much to inject and exactly where to inject it. This will give the desired result, avoiding frozen or surprised appearances.
- Heavy Brows
- Dr. Talei is a specialist in lightening the appearance of the eyes and brows. Although a procedure such as a brow lift gives very long-lasting results in lightening the eyes and brows laterally and/or centrally, some patients prefer to avoid having a procedure done. For these patients, a simple injection with no downtime can be used to lighten the appearance of the eyes and brows medially and laterally. Botox, Xeomin and Dysport achieve a more refreshed and lightened appearance with ease.
- Forehead Lines
- Lines seen in the forehead are typically formed in a horizontal direction as a result of the movement of the frontalis muscle. These lines can be treated as they occur with age or treated earlier for prevention. The pull of these muscles over time can cause dynamic and static problems. Dynamic means that the lines are seen while those muscles are flexed, while static means the lines are there even when the muscles are fully relaxed. The dynamic lines can be treated or prevented with the use of Botox, Xeomin, or Dysport, whereas the static lines can be improved by a number of options including injectable fillers, laser resurfacing and dermabrasion among other options. The art to treating this area is knowing exactly how much to inject and exactly where to inject it. It is important to give the desired result, avoiding a frozen appearance or brow lowering and drooping.
- Tear Troughs, Bags & Darkening Under the Eyes
- One of the most commonly noted issues with the face, even at a young age, is a tired and exhausted appearance. A fatigued look can be caused by deepening of the tear troughs and swelling or bags under the eyes. This is a problem seen in both men and women, and it is quite distressing as friends and family often comment on their appearance, wondering if they’ve had a lack of sleep. Fillers such as Restylane and Belotero are invaluable in the treatment of deepened tear troughs (nasojugal grooves) as they immediately add volume to these hollowed out areas. This gives a more youthful and refreshed appearance with no down time. Often, these injectables are combined with cheek enhancements in patients with sagging or sunken cheeks, which can worsen the appearance of the tear troughs as well. These procedures must always be done by an expert to decrease the chance of complications such as the Tyndall effect (Tyndall scattering) which gives the appearance of a blue hue under the skin. Darkening of the skin under the eyes is a much more complex issue to treat and can be discussed during a consultation to find the most appropriate treatment.
- Revision Injections for Complications
- Dr. Talei is a specialist in revision surgery and revision procedures of the face. If you are experiencing issues you should always contact your doctor first. The Beverly Hills Center for Plastic & Laser Surgery is always available for a second opinion or just for simple reassurance.
- Many patients complain that Botox treatments aren’t working for them as well as they used to. There are several theories behind why this happens, but ultimately none of them have been proven. In cases such as these, some physicians elect to increase the dosage of Botox used or switch to a different botulinum toxin such as Dysport or Xeomin. In nearly all cases, these changes are effective. Ultimately, if the results are inadequate, there are several minimally invasive surgical options available to achieve better, longer-lasting results.
- Bell’s Palsy, Hyperhydrosis (Sweating) and Headaches
- Botulinum toxins have been very successful in facial paralysis to help make the face more symmetrical. This can be done alone or in conjunction with surgery. Although botulinum toxins such as Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin are used to paralyze or weaken muscles’ action, they also have the added effect of decreasing sweat production when injected at the level of the sweat glands. Many patients seek botulinum injections, as they have been proven to be very effective for tension headaches and migraines related to tension headaches.
With several combinations of injectable treatments, Dr. Talei can give you natural, rejuvenated results with no downtime. In fact, with Dr. Talei, very few see swelling or bruising and can resume normal activities almost right away. While they are temporary solutions and not as dramatic as surgical procedures, facial injectables and facial fillers are a great solution.
Resistance to Botox
Dr. Talei is a specialist in his field with a rare skill set comprised of an artistic eye and delicate hand in surgery. He has dual fellowship training in facial cosmetic and reconstructive surgery and vascular birthmarks and congenital anomalies with laser surgery, giving him the upper hand in both knowledge and expertise.
Contact our facial fillers specialists today to schedule a consultation or for more information. We look forward to serving you.