While it may seem silly when you stop to think about it, people view hair on the head as attractive and desirable, but hair on other parts of the body is often considered embarrassing and unwelcome. Women are especially prone to these concerns in terms of hair on their legs, underarms and face. Men, on the other hand, tend have less embarrassment with body hair, but many wish to have the hair on their back removed. Removing hair in the right places can drastically improve your self-confidence. The question is: how should you remove it? … Continue reading
Rosacea is an inflammatory skin condition that affects up to 16 million Americans. It is also a condition that can be very difficult to live with. While there are various types and severity of rosacea, this skin disorder is known for its highly visible symptoms that cause redness, bumps and flushing on the face, neck and chest. Rosy cheeks may be cute on a toddler, but when an adult suddenly looks like they’ve had a bad sunburn or acne flare-up, it can be quite embarrassing. In fact, chronic rosacea can lead to permanent redness, large pores, thickened skin and visible capillaries throughout the face – all features that can steal your self-confidence and even cause you to avoid social situations. … Continue reading
Facial scars of any kind can be disfiguring. But when the scar is a result of a traumatic burn injury, it can be especially upsetting. Facial burn scars can not only be a physical reminder of a painful event, but they can also form in ways that limit your facial functions, such as your ability to smile, chew, drink or open and close your eyes.
Skin burns can be a result of chemicals, the sun, radiation and electricity. Burns cause skin cells to die. When the skin is damaged, the body naturally tries to heal itself by producing a protein called collagen. Unfortunately, this doesn’t always happen in a uniform or natural-looking pattern. As the skin heals, it is common to see areas of thickness and discoloration. This is how scars form. … Continue reading
Unless you’ve discovered the “fountain of youth,” wrinkles are an inevitable part of your future. Whether you call them wrinkles, folds or creases, they are part of the skin’s natural aging process. While there are countless treatments to reverse the appearance of wrinkles or delay their onset, there is no way to avoid wrinkles altogether. However, understanding how and why they form can be extremely helpful in lessening their severity.
If wrinkles are an effect of the way our skin ages, why do we get more wrinkles on the face? To understand this, it is best to understand how wrinkles form in the first place. As you get older, your skin naturally thins out and becomes drier and less resilient. It is also less equipped to protect itself from outside damage. There are two major factors that influence wrinkles on the face: sun exposure and facial expressions. … Continue reading
Rhinophyma is a rare skin condition characterized by a swollen, red and bulbous nose. It causes the nose to also be waxy in appearance and bumpy in texture. Unfortunately, rhinophyma carries some misconceptions and rumors about what actually causes this unwanted nasal appearance. Many people believe that rhinophyma is linked to alcoholism. This myth only furthers the embarrassment and shame that frequently plaques patients with rhinophyma, as it is a progressive and permanent skin condition that is very difficult to disguise.
… Continue reading
Aging is inevitable, and it certainly produces changes to your entire body, especially your face. However, we all age differently. Just because you are the same age as someone else, don’t mean you will have the same amount of wrinkles or sagging skin. Facial aging depends on several factors, including lifestyle, diet, heredity, and other personal habits. Therefore, it can vary widely from person to person. To understand why you may be considering a facelift at 40 while your best friend may still have her youthful face at 50, here is a closer look at those aging factors. … Continue reading
- How Do Lasers Tighten The Skin?
- Today patients have the opportunity to erase wrinkles and tighten their facial skin without going under the knife. While fillers and injectables are widely used and typically well understood, there is another method of skin tightening that is highly effective. Laser technology has brought patients a minimally invasive treatment option for turning back the hands of time.
- How do lasers work on the skin?
- Laser skin tightening systems utilize an infrared light source to tighten skin by heating the collagen under the skin’s surface. This causes the skin to contract or tighten. Results are immediately noticeable; however, further improvement in skin tightening can be seen over the course of the following 3 months in most cases. Rest assured that laser skin tightening is safe and FDA approved for the reduction of wrinkles and fine lines on the face. It improves the laxity of the skin that is commonly lost with age. It is common for patients to need more than one treatment (spaced one month apart) to achieve optimal results.
- What are the benefits of lasers?
- While the results do not compare to a surgical facelift, patients benefit from a procedure that requires no downtime or recovery. It is also a quick and virtually painless treatment when used with a local anesthetic. This comfort and convenience factor can outweigh the more dramatic results obtained by plastic surgery for many patients.
- Who is a candidate?
- Laser skin tightening is an excellent non-surgical solution for adults who have mild to moderate signs of aging, including sagging skin and wrinkles around the face and neck. It can be used for men and women of all skin types and skin tones. In general, patients between the ages of 30 and 60 benefit most. However, if you have severe skin laxity, a facelift may be more appropriate.
Ready to regain a firm, youthful complexion without the cost and recovery of surgery? Schedule a consult with Dr. Ben Talei to learn what laser skin tightening could do for you. We have invested in the most proven and top-ranked laser systems in the industry.
Plastic surgery is the best way to make long-term improvements in your appearance. However, not everyone can afford the downtime that is required for most surgical procedures. If you lead a busy lifestyle or can’t take time off of work to recover from plastic surgery, you can still turn back the hands of time. In fact, many patients choose to address facial aging with non-surgical skin rejuvenation treatments. … Continue reading
With the advancements of today’s technology, patients no longer have to go under the knife to look younger or feel prettier. Laser skin rejuvenation continues to increase in popularity. It is an in-office procedure that is quick and provides dramatic results for a wide range of skin concerns, especially on the face. Here are some FAQs to help you understand how laser therapy for skin rejuvenation works and if it could be right for you: … Continue reading
Let’s face it; your body before kids probably looks quite different than it does now. Not only does age and extra stress take their toil on your skin and body contour, but pregnancy itself can also create many unwanted features. Whether you are unhappy with your wrinkles, varicose veins, stretch marks or skin tone, you don’t necessarily have to undergo surgery to boost your self-confidence. Today’s laser technology provides an excellent option for moms (and other patients) who want to turn back the hands of time and erase some of the aesthetic concerns that pregnancy has left behind. … Continue reading