A strong jawline, prominent chin and defined cheekbones are desirable traits for men. These features convey masculinity and when balanced, they can also make a man look more attractive and younger. Whether you were born with a weak jawline or have sagging cheeks due to age, you aren’t stuck with looking and feeling less masculine. Dr. Ben Talei is an experienced facial plastic surgeon who understands the unique needs and demands of male plastic surgery, including cheek, chin and jaw augmentation for men. … Continue reading
When considering cosmetic procedures for the lips, the female population typically comes to mind. Women are most known for their desire to achieve a fuller, younger-looking or more sensual lip appearance. However, the same surgical and non-surgical lip augmentation procedures that are available to women are also available to men. In fact, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, an increasing number of men are seeking out specific procedures to achieve plumper, more attractive lips. … Continue reading
Besides a desire to look better, most men are seeking cosmetic procedures in order to gain a competitive edge in the workplace. Dr. Douglas Steinbrech, a Manhattan-based plastic surgeon, describes the demand for what he calls a “Forbes Facelift.” Men want to enhance their careers by looking distinguished (leaving a few wrinkles) yet still portraying a youthful, confident appearance at work. Men seeking plastic surgery for corporate reasons often get a neck lift, eyelift, jawline recontouring and perhaps liposuction as well. … Continue reading
Gone are the days when plastic surgery was only for women. Today, more and more men are taking advantage of cosmetic procedures to boost their appearance. A particularly popular male group is the dads. Just like moms, fathers also reap the consequences of sleepless nights and other lifestyle changes that come with having small children. In fact, many dads put their appearance on the back burner while trying to start or raise a family. It is understandable, therefore, that an increasing number of dads are seeking the help of a plastic surgeon. … Continue reading
When it comes to your facial appearance, every person brings unique features and characteristics. What makes a person attractive is often more about how their facial features work together to create ideal harmony and balance, rather than the beauty of a single feature alone. Therefore, while you may be tempted to ask your plastic surgeon for lips like Angelina Jolie or eyes like Olivia Wilde, you may find that you are disappointed with the outcome on your face.
… Continue reading
More men than ever are taking advantage of plastic surgery. In fact, statistics reveal that male plastic surgery has risen over 325% since 1977! What is the reason for such an increase? Perhaps the male population has finally realized the dramatic impact that cosmetic procedures can have on their self-esteem, relationships and their professional career. In fact, many studies show that the primary motivation for male plastic surgery is to stay competitive in the workplace.
… Continue reading
There is no question that male plastic surgery is on the rise. In fact, there was an 23% increase in male plastic surgery procedures from 2000 to 2014. However, there still remain many misconceptions about male plastic surgery that cause men to hesitate on pulling the trigger. Here are some common fears that men have, which also happen to be myths surrounding male plastic surgery:
- Don’t men look more distinguished as they age?
- It is true that our society is much more accepting of the aging facial appearance of men versus women. However, not all men look more attractive as they grow older. In fact, many men greatly benefit from male plastic surgery within their workplace, as it helps them stay competitive within a youthful marketplace. In addition, men tend to show signs of aging particularly around the eyes. Sagging brows and hooded eyelids can make men look sad, tired or even angry. This unwanted portrayal can be effectively corrected with a simple brow lift or blepharoplasty. While some men do look distinguished as they age, most men appear more tired and worn out.
- What if plastic surgery makes me look feminine?
- This is a common concern. However, an experienced and skilled plastic surgeon understands how to effectively address the unique signs of male aging without compromising a masculine look. In general, this involves careful consideration not to overcorrect signs of male aging such as sagging jowls and descending brows. Your male plastic surgery should be a subtle and individualized approach that rejuvenates the face without feminizing it. A mini-facelift, direct neck lift and brow lift are common procedures chosen by men.
- I don’t have time to take off that much work for plastic surgery.
- Today’s advancements in plastic surgery have truly changed patient experience, particularly when it comes to recovery time. Now, we use minimally invasive methods that are just as effective (if not more) and require less downtime than ever before. In fact, there are numerous cosmetic services that involve only a lunch-hour session. From mini facelifts and endoscopic brow lifts to a quick Botox treatment and more, you can gain a revitalized and attractive look without missing work.
To learn more about male plastic surgery from Dr. Ben Talei in Beverly Hills, please contact our office. We offer male rhinoplasty, male jaw augmentation, male facelift and hair restoration surgery. We can assure you that in the hands of a skilled plastic surgery, male plastic surgery is nothing to fear!
Facial plastic surgery isn’t just for women. Unfortunately, the aging face is not gender restricted. For men, a driving factor for considering plastic surgery is to stay competitive in the workplace. There are certain features that are masculine and favorable on a male face, such as a strong jawline and prominent nose. However, there are other features that develop with age that can make a man look tired, sad or even angry. These are most evident around the eyes. … Continue reading
It is true that 90% of all plastic surgery patients are women, but men have kept up their demand as well. Plastic surgery helps men and women in different ways. There are procedures that allow women to achieve a more feminine look and men to gain more masculine results. Many facial plastic surgery procedures are designed to reverse the signs of aging, and growing old is certainly not discriminated by gender. … Continue reading