With the romance of Valentine’s Day still lingering in the air, it is the perfect time to discuss your lips. While beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder, there are some common lip traits that are considered more attractive than others. The shape, volume and definition of your lips can lure the opposite sex as well as make you look younger and even happier.
Unfortunately, if you were born with luscious, beautiful lips, they may not always stay that way. Age takes its toil on the lips, just like other areas of the face. Due to dryness, volume loss and aging skin around the lips, they can appear thin, less defined and dull. In such cases, you may want to consider a cosmetic lip procedure from a qualified plastic surgeon. There are a number of leading procedures to help you attain more attractive lips, including surgical and non-surgical options.
First, let’s take a look at what is considered desirable or “kissable” when it comes to the lips:
- Plump, especially in the upper lip
- Defined Cupid’s Bow of the upper lip
- Defined lip borders (no lipstick bleed lines)
- Smooth, moisturized
- Lip corners that turn upwards instead of down
Dr. Talei offers the following types of lip procedures to help you achieve that sought-after pucker:
- Lip injections – Lip injections are a common non-surgical option that can help smooth out and plump thinning or sagging lips. Although they are temporary, in the hands of a skilled surgeon, lip fillers can create a very natural cosmetic improvement with virtually no social downtime.
- Modified Upper Lip Lift – A procedure pioneered by Dr. Talei, which gives the upper lip a lighter and more defined appearance with greater volume and tooth show. This technique can be performed under local anesthesia with incisions hidden in a natural crease under the base of the nose. The modifications in flap elevation and tension-free skin closure allow fast healing, rapid disappearance of incision sites, and avoidance of nostril widening typically seen with other lifts.
How can we improve your lips? Dr. Ben Talei is one of the country’s most respected lip surgeons, especially when it comes to lip revisions. Call today to schedule your consult in Beverly Hills.
465 N Roxbury Dr, #750
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
Phone: (310) 288-0641