Do you often hear the words, “is everything okay?” It is not uncommon for the aging adult to look upset, sad or angry when they feel fine on the inside. The signs of aging around the eyes, brows and forehead are often responsible for this unfortunate misperception. As we age, our skin loses elasticity and collagen. Around the eyes, this causes a heaviness and sagging that furrows the brows and makes one look angry when they really aren’t.
Nobody wants to falsely portray an angry face. Therefore, many patients turn to a plastic surgeon for help. You’ll be pleased to know that there are many ways to raise the brows, smooth the forehead and rejuvenate your aging eyes. In result, a skilled plastic surgeon can lift that perceived anger from your face and make you look content, refreshed and youthful instead.
Procedures Worth Raising Your Brows For
Do you suffer from furrowed eyebrows, a heaviness within your brows or deep lines and wrinkles in your forehead? You may be a candidate for a brow lift. A brow lift is not a one-size-fits-all approach, but it is a minor procedure with a rather easy recovery. In fact, there are several different approaches and techniques that can be used depending on your specific needs, budget and goals.
At Beverly Hills Center, Dr. Talei offers the following brow lift procedures:
- Endoscopic Brow Lift: As one of the most minimally-invasive and subtle techniques, an endoscopic lift elevates the eyebrows and gently smooths forehead lines to get rid of that unwanted furrowed look.
- Coronal Brow Lift: Designed for patients with a higher forehead, sun damage or severe wrinkles, the coronal lift can raise the brows with an inconspicuous incision that is hidden in the hair line closer to the ears.
- Temporal Brow Lift: For those that need extra lifting in the outer portion of the brows, the temporal brow lift can deliver a more refreshed and pleasant appearance.
- Trichophytic Brow Lift: Rather than raising the hairline, this type of brow lift removes a portion of forehead skin to lift the brows and is typically used for those with higher hairlines.
- Chemical Brow Lift: If you are not able or willing to undergo surgery, you can find a temporary solution in a chemical brow lift using Botox injections that relax the muscles that create those angry furrow lines between the brows.
When it comes to reversing an angry appearance, you trust the talented and nationally-recognized facial plastic surgeon Dr. Ben Talei. At our state-of-the-art clinic, we offer a broad range of brow lift procedures as well as eyelid lifts and other rejuvenation treatments for the upper face. Don’t let your face portray a negative feeling that isn’t really there!