- ALMI – Autologous Lipocyte Micronized Injection
- Surprising to some, the rate of collagen production slows in the mid-late 20’s, with up to 20% of collagen being lost by age 40. The changing rate of collagen production coupled with other factors such as weight loss and genetics, result in a loss of volume in the face. Structural support decreases, and skin begins to lose its bright, youthful appearance.
- As an all-natural procedure using an individual’s own tissues, ALMI (autologous lipocyte micronized injection) is a complete rejuvenation method that is proven to restore volume, texture and skin tone. Because ALMI is performed in a simple, outpatient setting in less than an hour, with minimal downtime, it has quickly become a revolutionary way to turn back the clock.
- To better understand, ALMI involves using the patient’s own blood and harvesting its fat content, which is then mechanically micronized, leaving a critical portion of cells referred to as autologous cellular matrix (ACM). This substance, which is somewhat watery, becomes a smooth, safe injectable containing progenitor cells and potential for regenerative growth. When injected into the face, the body’s immune response is stimulated to produce platelets, fibroblasts, collagen and elastin to regenerate the areas injected. Essentially, the body’s own natural healing properties are called into action to reverse the effects of aging.
- PRP Regenerative Medicine – Facial Rejuvenation
- The use of platelet rich plasma (PRP) as a way to regenerate dry, tired and aging skin is perhaps the most innovative non-surgical approach to facial rejuvenation. Taking one’s own blood plasma, PRP is a highly concentrated form of platelets that contain regenerative healing properties. When injected into the face, these properties attend to specific areas by stimulating growth factors, fibroblasts, collagen, keratin and elastin tissues. This is all in an effort to “heal” these areas. The result is a refreshed look, as the visible effects of wrinkles disappear, and scarring is dramatically reduced.
- As modern medicine, platelet rich plasma (PRP) is used to treat forehead lines, frown lines, brow shaping, cheek definition, crow’s feet, circles around eyes, lip wrinkles, chin creasing, mouth frown, accordion lines, jawline and marionette lines. Individuals can expect noticeable changes in skin tone and texture within 3 weeks, with continuous improvements noted over the next 8 months to one year. This is as collagen and keratin continue to develop beneath the skin’s surface.
As Director of Beverly Hills Center for Plastic & Laser Surgery, Dr. Ben Talei, MD, is a board certified, dual fellowship trained facial plastic surgeon, teacher, accomplished author and speaker. Dr. Talei holds a sub-specialty in deep plane facial rejuvenation, including multiple minimally invasive treatments. He is known for impeccable surgical technique with rapid healing times and natural, long-lasting results.
To schedule a consultation with Dr. Talei to discuss the use of platelet rich plasma for facial rejuvenation, contact the Beverly Hills Center for Plastic & Laser Surgery today.