Drive Against Domestic Violence
Please see our events list on the tab of this page to join the Drive wherever we are! Follow us at https://www.facebook.com/driveagainstDV
You can DONATE using the box to the right on the Desktop Site or Down Below on the Mobile Site. RSVP with a donation of $20. For every $50 donated get a raffle ticket for Juvederm, Botox, and more. Donations are Tax exempt and go directly through Razoo to the NCADV and AAFPRS.
RSNY Joins Dr Ben Talei to Take a Stand Against Domestic Violence
NBC News in Miami covers Dr. Ben Talei on his Drive Against Domestic Violence across the country
The Drive Against Domestic Violence is a cross-country marathon drive organized by Ben Talei, MD and Nathan Talei, Esq. The two brothers have planned to drive across country during Domestic Violence Awareness Month in order to raise funds and awareness for the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence (NCADV - http://ncadv.org/) and the American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery's Face to Face Domestic Violence Program (http://www.aafprs.org/patient/humanitarian/pa_humprog.html) They will be driving in a Mini Cooper wrapped in logos for the charity to help draw attention to the marathon fundraising. The drive will proceed from New York City to Miami to Los Angeles.
FOX News Story on Dr Talei
Interestingly, the fundraising aspect is only a small part of the driving force behind this marathon. The primary purpose of this drive is to elicit a new reflex in our lives and to help change the dynamic of the abused family. The resources to deal with domestic violence exist, however they are not fully utilized in most situations. This is the biggest problem we have witnessed in helping people overcome abuse. They feel alone and stuck in a dark place with no feasible way out without feeling ridiculed, criticized, or the fear of causing family disruption.
We want to show them that this is not the case. That in fact, they themselves have friends and family who are in or have witnessed similar situations. That we all understand the inherent difficulties in stopping the cycle of abuse. And that all they need to do is reach out. All they need to do is say the word. This is a campaign of encouragement. We hope to spread a message of solidarity, understanding, and intolerance of this type of behavior. We cannot allow this to go on any longer.
Domestic Abuse is alarmingly prevalent in the United States, just as it is in all other parts of the world. Unfortunately the recurring theme in history for many reasons is that it is most often kept secret, as most incidents are not reported. Roughly only one-quarter of all physical assaults, one-fifth of rapes, and one-half of all stalkings are reported to the police. The NCADV indicates that 1 in 4 women and 1 in 7 men will experience domestic violence in their lifetime. Shockingly, 1.3 million women are victims of physical assault by an intimate partner each year.
It is not only the direct victim of the abuse who suffers however, as all members of the family absorb the effects. The NCADV reports that witnessing violence between one’s parents or caretakers is the strongest risk factor of transmitting violent behavior from one generation to the next. Boys witnessing domestic violence are twice as likely to abuse their own partners and children when they become adults. For these reasons and more domestic abuse cannot be tolerated.
Dr. Talei has treated domestic violence victims in the past and the majority are fearful of taking the first step in stopping this terrible cycle. This is why Ben and Nathan Talei have chosen to undertake this drive – in order to propagate the awareness that there is a support system readily available to all those who need it. Moreover, they hope to encourage sufferers to reach out and decide to make the change. Households of abuse are extremely difficult to navigate alone and there are dozens of factors that go into gaining not only the strength, but also the ability to stop the cycle of emotional and physical abuse.
The brothers hope to bring as many people together as possible to demonstrate unity in helping each other and denouncing acts of violence against our loved ones. Domestic violence in any form is never acceptable and it should never be tolerated. Along the drive, they hope to be joined by friends, abuse victims, community members, car clubs, and anybody else who can come and Take A Stand against domestic violence, showing support for each other.
Please help spread the word by linking the charity page to your social media and by introducing your friends and family to the cause. As unbelievable as it may seem, we all have domestic abuse victims in our lives. We need to help them do what is right and find a way out. If possible, Join Ben and Nathan Talei on their drive. Help us gain awareness with postings, repostings, emails, and even hash tags. To help get you started: #driveagainstdomesticviolence #domesticviolence #NCADV #facetoface #takeastand #beverlyhillscenter #crosscountry #domesticabuse #love
If you have any ideas for sponsorship or spreading awareness please let us know! Please donate whatever you can by using the donation box on this page. All donations will go directly to the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence and the American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. Also feel free to suggest meeting locations and events.
Our Sponsors and Philanthropists
KNAM Media (http://wrapscar.com/) has been extremely generous and has taken the first step in supporting this cause by Wrapping the Mini Cooper that will be driven Cross Country. THANK YOU for such an amazing job and for donating the wrap without even being asked!!!!!
Beautique Restaurant (http://beautiquedining.com/home/) is going above and beyond by hosting a silent auction and cocktail night with proceeds being donated to the cause. Thank you Liz Ariosto! 9pm on Wed Sept 24th. 8West 58th Street
The Tagir Film (firstname.lastname@example.org) has donated hours and hours of time putting together videos to help publicize the cause. What an amazing job.
Sojourn Restaurant (http://www.sojournrestaurant.com/) one of the most chic and delicious restaurants in NYC is supporting us with filming, donations, and a benefit happy hour!
Churrascaria Plataforma (www.churrascariaplataforma.com) has kindly donated gift certificates for our New York raffle
Speed Ventures (www.speedventures.com) will be holding an event to help raise money for the charity. November 1, 2014 we will be racing at the Streets of Willow Race Track in Rosamond, CA. Use code "DADV" to sign up
Hill Country Barbeque in Washington, DC (http://www.hillcountrywdc.com/locations) is having a charity happy hour for us on Sept 29 at 5:30 pm!
Precision Concierge (Wayne 646-407-0723, Instagram P_C_N_Y) has offered to provide fantastic concierge services with part of the proceeds going to the charity!
Edge Restuarant and Four Seasons Hotel in Denver, CO is hosting our NCADV benefit on Monday October 13 at 7pm
Station Hollywood - W Hollywood - is hosting our arrival party on Sunday October 19 from 2-8pm
Stops and Events
More events to be announced
- August (all) – Donating Botox/Xeomin for charity at the New York Office
- September 24 - Beautique Restaurant in NYC is hosting a Send Off event at 9pm at 8West 58th St. RSVP by donating $20 in the donation box and writing "DADV" after your name. A raffle ticket for Juvederm and Botox treatments will be given for every $50 donated!
- September 29 – New York City departure → Philadelphia, PA
- September 29 - Washington, DC - Happy Hour at Hill Country Barbeque 5:30 - 9:30pm with proceeds for charity
- September 30 – Myrtle Beach, SC
- October 1 - Charleston, SC
- October 1 – Savannah, GA - Dinner & Drinks hosted by Coastal MINIs is having at "Cheddar's" in Pooler, GA at 6:30pm
- October 2 - Jacksonville, FL - Official Mini Meet at Tijuana Flats with Sunshine Mini and Photo shoot at Tom Bush Mini Dealership in support of the Drive
- October 2 – Miami, FL - Official Mini meet with Minis of Miami at JP Mulligan's in Pembroke Pines at 8pm
- October 5 – Orlando, FL
- October 7 – New Orleans, LA - Official Mini Meet at Landry's on the Lakefront at 7pm hosted by GulfSouth Motoring
- October 9 – Austin, TX
- October 11 – Dallas, TX
- October 12 – Oklahoma City, OK
- October 13 - Wichita, KS
- October 13 – Denver, CO - NCADV Headquarters - Drive Benefit will be held at the Edge Bar and Restaurant in the Four Seasons Hotel at 7pm. The Front drive valet has been reserved for us. Suggested $20 donation.
- October 14 – Pikes Peak Drive and Colorado Springs, CO
- October 14 - Santa Fe, NM
- October 15 – Lake Powell
- October 16 - Grand Canyon
- October 17 – Las Vegas, NV
- October 18 - Las Vegas, NV - Meet n' Greet and Drive hosted by Sin City Mini Club meeting at Dunkin' Donuts - 11710 W Charlesto Blvd. 9am-10am
- October 19 - ARRIVAL BENEFIT - HOLLYWOOD, CA - The W Hotel on Sunset Blvd. is hosting our arrival party at Station Hollywood from 2pm-8pm. There will be a Jazz session to follow the party. To RSVP please donate $20 on the site and email DrBenTalei@gmail.com. For every $50 donated you will receive a raffle ticket for Juvederm, Botox and more.
- October 26 - SuperCar Sunday is supporting the Drive Against Domestic Violence. Come see amazing cars at the AMC Promenade in the Mall at Woodland Hills, 6100 Topanga Canyon Blvd., 7am-11am
- November 1 - Streets of Willow Race Track with Speed Ventures (Code: DADV), Rosamond, CA. See-->